Motor Protection Circuit Breaker
3RV circuit-breakers are compact, current-limiting circuit-breakers designed for fuseless motor feeders of the 21st century. The circuit-breakers are therefore referred to as “Motor Protection Circuit Breai‹ers” (MPCB).
The circuit-breaker fulfils the isolation conditions as per IEC 947-3 and the additional test conditions for circuit breakers with isolation characteristics as per IEC 947-2. The MPCBs can be deployed as mains and emergency stop circuit breakers with appropriate accessories.
- MPCB / contactor combination for fuseless motor feeder (type-2 coordinated).
- Rotary operating mechanism.
- MPCB with "relay function”. A totally new concept.
- Suitable for service temperatures up to 70°C
- Current limiting type. Tripping time 5 msec.
- Wide range of site fittable accessories, common for complete range.
- Trip free mechanism.
- Short circuit proof for faults upto 50 KA - high system uptime.
- Visual On / Off / Trip indication, reset function, padlock feature.
- "Relay function™ — results in longer life of the system because the contactor interrupts overload faults, instead of the MPCB.
- Reliability of protection is ensured.
- Faster fault clearing for enhanced life of installations.
- Flexibility in designing the system with minimum inventory.
- Positive opening in the event of faults.